Thursday, June 21, 2007

Week 3, Thing 7: Anything Technology Related

Since my daughter is spending the summer in NYC I decided to buy a webcam (to go with my brand new laptop) so I could see and talk to her. She already had one. I bought a logitech webcam from Amazon for about $30. I also had to sign up for the free software Window Live Messenger in order to talk to her and see her. In order to do this I had to create a hotmail account (another e-mail account!). Anyway, after a few trials and errors it worked. It was great to see her sitting on her couch with her tiny NYC kitchen behind her. The only thing was the sound was not great. The was like a ringing sound. She said she doesn't get this when she talks to other people. So now I have to figure that out.

1 comment:

James said...

that's cool that you set up the webcam. also cool that you have a free place to crash if you ever want to visit NYC :)